Parent Forms and Handbook

Student/Parent Handbook

The Sterling Community School's Student/ Parent Handbook is designed to provide you, our students and the parents of Sterling Community  School students, with useful information about our school and general operations. We hope that you will read this handbook and keep it handy and refer to it often when you have questions about subjects included in the handbook and about district policies and procedures. If you are unable to find the answer to your questions in the handbook, we request that you use the contact information for the school administration which is located under the About Us tab on our website to contact the school principal or administrative assistants.


Student Handbook 2021-22

Pre-K Parent Handbook 2021-22

Health Forms

Immunization Requirements for newly enrolled students, published by the State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health.


Physical exam needed on yellow CT Early Childhood Health Assessment Record before the student may enter school. This form must be printed on YELLOW paper.


Physical exam needed on blue CT Health Assessment Record before entry to school. This form must be printed on BLUE paper.

Grade 6

Physical exam during the 6th-grade year (summer before grade 6 through the end of the school year). Need physical for entry to grade 7.


A current Physical form is required every 13 months. The History / Consent form is required for each sport annually. This form must be printed on BLUE paper.

Administration of Medication at School

The State of Connecticut has definitive regulations (Sec.10-212a-5) regarding the administration of medication in schools. If it is necessary for your child to take medication during school hours, these are the steps for you to follow to facilitate the procedure and to meet the State regulations: The prescribing physician or dentist, licensed to practice in this or any other state, or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) or physician assistant (PA), must submit a written order for each medication. Forms for these orders are available from the school's health office.

The parent or guardian must also sign the written authorization for medication.

Please find all applicable forms and links below.

Student Registration Forms

The Sterling School Office receives all student enrollment forms for processing a new student entering the school system. If you have any questions regarding this information or have circumstances that do not meet the above-referenced criteria, please contact the Sterling School Office, (860) 564-2728 or email questions directly to:

Registration Forms needed for:



Grades 1-8

1 - Residency

2 - Student Enrollment

3 - School Appointments

4 - Kindergarten Registration